Designed to move with the body; this active movement promotes a relaxed spine and may help to engage muscles.
Locus Seat (Black)
$1,190.00 incl GST
The Locus Seat (Black) is a rebel with a cause. It rejects both the design of the traditional chair and the notion that you have to be sitting down at your desk to get serious about your work. Why? Because you deserve to feel good great at work, and your current office chair is letting you down.
Galen Cranz, Ph.D., the woman who literally wrote the book on the chair, says it best, “the fundamental problem in chair design is the right angle seated posture. No amount of ergonomic tinkering will solve the problem. The right-angle paradigm itself needs to be challenged.” The Locus Seat (Black) shatters the right-angle paradigm. You don’t sit on the Locus Seat (Black); you lean into it. When you do, your body is supported in a neutral posture that will have you saying, “Ahh…”
This award-winning ergonomic seat is radically responsive; it’s designed to adjust to every move you make. As you work your body becomes effortlessly active. Your spine relaxes, major muscles engage and circulation increases. You get the comfort of sitting with the activity of standing. Pretty good combo, if we do say so ourselves. Already a standing desk user? Good news. The Locus Seat (Black) pairs perfectly with any standing desk or height-adjustable workstation, so you can easily upgrade your existing standing desk set-up.
The Locus Seat (Black) comes with Focal’s Anti-Fatigue Mat. Designed to add an extra layer of comfort to your Locus Seat, the Anti-Fatigue Mat takes stress off your feet and ankles so you can work comfortably for longer stretches of time.
- Non-slip, easy-to-clean, contoured seat cushion which may help to reduce pressure points
- Pivoting seat leg encourages dynamic movement
- Supports leaning posture– encourages a hip-to-torso range of 130 to 135 degrees which provides less pressure on your spine and connecting muscles when compared to standing
- Seat pan tilts up to 5 degrees to support hip flexibility
- Easy-adjust piston-release handle raises and lowers the seat
- Designed to move with the body; this active movement promotes a relaxed spine and may help to engage muscles
- Accommodates heights between 150cm and 203cm
- Discreetly designed wheels for easy portability
- Post folds for easy storage
- Anti-Fatigue Mat (included) may help relieve stress on your feet and lower body versus having your feet on the floor while leaning/perching, providing a more comfortable working experience
- Works with any standing desk/table and is rated up to 136kg.
- Designed by Martin Keen, Focal Upright.